Setup RSSI on FlySky FS-i6 Transmitter and Betaflight from Cyclone FPV
"I am taking the steps that I have learned from reviewing previously published documentation from the folks who made this possible. Rather than have multiple locations to go (like I had to), I tested the options and compiled the instructions here that proved to work without issue for me. Please note that I did "brick" the transmitter twice during this journey so my goal is to make sure that you do not fall into those same issues. However, please note that you are using these instructions at your own risk. Don't call me crying about this because something did not work for you. You are a grown person and will be responsible for your own actions and decisions. Period."
This setup was used for the FS-I6 and an IA8S receiver.
Here is a list of items you will need in order to do this exactly as I did it:
For the FS-i6 Transmitter:
- FlySky Data Cable
- FlySky Firmware Mod Hack v1.7.5
- FlySky Firmware Update from FlySky
- From this point just follow the video and you will be set. Then, when you are done, make sure to go to the next step which details the updating of the firmware for the IA8S.
For the IA8S Receiver:
- Need an ST Link USB Adapter
- Wires to run from the ST Link Adapter to your IA8S
- ST Link Software and Drivers
- IA8S RSSI Mod Firmware
- For this you will want to follow the video as there are steps on there that are very detailed
For BetaFlight Setup:
- Make sure you set RSSI Channel to be 10 when you are in the receiver tab
- Go to CLI and type set rssi_channel=14 (press enter after)
- Type Save
- If your RSSI Channel Change goes back to "Disabled" when you reboot your FC, disable the RSSI Analog option under the configuration tab in BF. Here is a video link I made to help you.
- At main menu of your i6 Transmitter press and hold OK Button
- When option comes up for system settings of function settings choose function settings
- Scroll until you see AUX Channels
- Press OK and scroll until you find Channel 14
- Use up and down arrows to select Error for Channel 14
- When you have done this press and hold cancel in order for this to save
That is all. You are done! Thanks to everyone who made this possible and please let me know if you have any questions.