Welcome to the CycloneFPV.com Warranty and Returns Policy Page. I have done my best to make sure all warranty and return policies are covered in detail here but if you have a question about our policies and cannot locate the information on this page, please send a an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or click this link to fill out our online contact form.
CycloneFPV.com Warranty Information: (updated 03/28/2019)
I have worked hard to secure dealer agreements with all the brands that we currently keep in our inventory. Being an authorized dealer/reseller allows me to provide an additional level of support to all CycloneFPV.com clients no matter the product type, cost, or location. However, it is very important that you read our entire policy and understand the limitations, expectations, and procedures we have in place to guarantee everyone an honest and successful support system.
- Added on March 28th, 2019 (starts here):
- On March 28th 2019 we added a new "Inventory Blow Out" section to our website which discounts most items below our cost. This new section is designed to give the best possible prices knowing that most items will be sold at a loss. There are absolutely no returns or exchanges for these items. All sales from from our "Inventory Blow Out" section are final and all items are sold "As Is". Please note that all items are new and unopened so you may still contact the manufacturer for any warranty or support questions you may have. If you are not willing to accept this policy please do not shop from this section.
- Added on March 28th, 2019 (stops here).
Warranty / Return Time Frame:
- Unless it is otherwise stated during your time of purchase, the warranty on all items sold through CycloneFPV.com is seven (7) days from your date of purchase. I understand that shipping times may not grant you . much inspection time upon arrival, but since we cannot predict exact shipping and delivery times, all USA based shipments will be held to a seven (7) day time frame. While I have full faith in the products we sell, I still encourage all CycloneFPV.com customers to inspect their package contents as soon as possible. An issues or concerns should be immediately relayed back through our website using the new online RMA automated system.
- If you have received your order and have noticed the product(s) to be defective or otherwise damaged, you will need to go to our new online contact form to request an RMA. Make sure to fill out the form completely and then hang tight. The information will make its way over to myself or another Cyclone FPV support team member and will be reviewed promptly. Warranty claims will be handled using our Warranty Replacement Standards which can be found in detail further down on this page.
- There is no doubt that if you are involved in the drone industry as a hobbyist or professional, you are well aware that damage to the components can come easy from misuse, abuse, poor soldering skills, voltage spikes, incorrect component matching, and so on. While we do give credit to the fact that products can arrive direct from the manufacturer in a non-working state, we must differentiate our coverage options based on whether or not the product has been opened, used, installed, tampered with, or otherwise altered from its physical state when it was delivered to you. CycloneFPV.com offers different Warranty and Replacement options depending on the current state of the product in question.
- Warranty / Return Coverage for Unopened Items:
- If an item is unopened, a warranty claim cannot be filed. Instead, a return claim would be initiated with the sole purpose of exchanging the product due to packaging damage during shipping, change of mind by the customer, or incorrect product order during the sale. In either case, if you wish to file a return claim for an unopened item you will be permitted to do so without delay so long as your return claim is received within seven (7) days from your purchase date. As long as the returned product(s) has remained sealed and undamaged or tampered with, you will be issued a refund for the purchase price less a 10% restocking fee and any shipping charges.
- Warranty / Return Coverage for Opened Items:
- If you have received your product(s) and wish to return an item after it has been opened, you may file a return claim as long as it is done within seven (7) days from your purchase date. Opened items will be accepted for return but will be required to undergo inspection prior to any refunds being issued. As long as there is no damage to the opened item and all material remains as it was originally when received, you will be issued a refund for the purchase price less a 20% restocking fee and any shipping charges.
- Warranty / Return Coverage for Damaged Items:
- If you have received your products and for whatever reason the item in question has either stopped functioning or did not function to begin with, you will need to complete our online RMA form and request a replacement item be sent to you. This must be done within seven (7) days from your purchase date. If your product no longer functions and you are outside of the seven (7) day time frame, you will need to contact us using our online contact form and see if we can offer you some options that may help to remedy the issue. You can also contact the manufacturer of the product directly and utilize their warranty procedures as an alternative method.
- Warranty / Return for Missing Packages:
- Customers will have the option to select tracking or tracking with insurance when placing an order. It is our recommendation that each customer ship with insurance in order to help file a claim if and when your package is missing. Cyclone FPV will NOT be held responsible for missing packages. We will not issue refunds returns or exchanges for missing items. USPS First Class Shipping does not include insurance but does include tracking. USPS Priority Shipping does include $100.00 in insurance and tracking. If you require more than $100.00 in insurance please contact us.
- A discount be offered to replace your damaged item with a brand new one, a gently used but tested one, or an item with similar characteristics
- An option to inspect the item to see if a repair can be performed to return the product to functioning status
- Direct contact with the manufacturer to utilize their full warranty services that come with their product.
- Upon receipt of your item, we will spend time inspecting the unit so that we can attempt to determine the cause of the issue. This process can take a few days and, in some cases, may require us to reach out to the manufacturer if we find an issue that concerns us in regards to the assembly and integrity of the product itself.
- Items that are inspected and deemed defective due to manufacturer error will be replaced and shipped back to you via USPS First Class Postage with Tracking.
- As much as we all dislike the idea that our work could have caused an issue with a product, attention must be given to this topic. First, I want to make it clear that we all completely understand that mistakes happen and I will do my best to make sure that products purchased from CycloneFPV.com are supported no matter the issue. However, CycloneFPV.com cannot warranty replace or repair any products if the damage is caused by the following:
- Damage due to crashes or drone impacts
- Damage due to misuse / abuse of the product
- Damage due to errors in installation or soldering
- Damage due to voltage input errors
- Damage due to configuration / installation errors
- Damage due to operation outside the intended use
- In cases where any of the above scenarios may have played a direct role in the problems you are experiencing, I encourage you to be upfront and honest about it. I am more than willing to do what I can if I know ahead of time what sort of issues may have played a role in the current state of the product. However, if this information is withheld during the submission of your claim and determined to be the cause of the problem through our inspection process, claims will be denied immediately and you will have to contact the manufacturer for additional support. You will also be required to pre-pay return shipping prior to the item being sent back to. Simply put, be up front and honest with our team and we will work hard to try and help you get back up and flying again.
Shipping Fees and Instructions:Shipping Labels and Fees:
- It is critical that you make sure to obtain an RMA# prior to shipping any product back to our facility. Products that do not contain RMA#'s on the shipping label WILL NOT be accepted / opened.
- Once you have obtained an RMA# you will need to place your product safely inside your packaging material and mail using USPS First Class with Tracking (minimum) to the following address:
- ATTN RMA# (put your assigned RMA here)
- 5546 Silent Timber Path Lane
- Spring Texas 77386
Do not ship any product without tracking added. We will not be held responsible for packages that are missing.
- Cyclone FPV will cover First Class Postage with Tracking for all items that were replaced under our warranty policies. Customers may choose to request faster shipping services but those services will be paid for by the customer.
- Cyclone FPV will not cover shipping fees for any items that were not covered under our warranty policies. Customers will need to pre-pay for their shipping labels which must include tracking. Shipping payments can be made via our PayPal account email@example.com
- All returns must arrive at our facility within seven (7) days from the date your RMA# was issued. If your package has not arrived at our facility by that time, your RMA# will be void and your request will be closed. Time is of the essence so please see to it that if your request was approved, you do your best to ship your item promptly.
Thank you for taking the time to ready through our warranty and return policies. If you have any questions about our policies please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out our online contact form.