DJI Air Unit Connection to SpeedyBee F7 and other Flight Controllers from Cyclone FPV
Things to Remember:
- Remember that Amps = Watts / Volts
- On the Pad is 9V @ 2.5A
- DJI Air Unit 7.4 - 17.6 V at 4-9W
- Converting = A=9/9 = 1 (less than 2.5) or less than this depending on if you pull lower than 9W from the Air Unit.
- Red - Wire this to FC 7.4V - 17.6V. If you are going to fly greater than a 4S LiPo, please use a regulator.
- Black - Ground
- White RX - Wire this to FC TX
- Gray TX - Wire this to FC RX
- Brown - Wire this to FC Ground (can go to same spot as Black)
- Yellow - Wire this to SBUS if you use the DJI Transmitter
- Make sure to Turn on MSP on the port that it using Smart Audio (RX/TX from the Air Unit)
- Do not use the RX and TX on the same UART as SBus.
- You can use DJI's HDL Protocol at 7MS or use SBus.
DJI Hardware Step by Step
- DJI Downloads Page for Air Unit (click here)
- DJI Assistant for Windows (click here)
- DJI Assistant for Mac (click here)
Start with Goggles:
- If you are going to pair the transmitter and the goggles to your air unit, make sure to pair the goggles first
- You can run 2s - 4s input power to the goggles
- To pair the two items do the following:
set dterm_lowpass2_type = PT1 set dterm_lowpass2_hz = 200 set feedforward_transition = 30 set iterm_relax_type = gyro set iterm_relax_cutoff = 10 set transient_throttle_limit = 15 set i_pitch = 85 set i_roll = 80 set d_min_roll = 25 set d_min_pitch = 28 set d_min_boost_gain = 30 set d_min_advance = 50 set d_pitch = 38 set d_roll = 30 set tpa_rate = 50 set tpa_breakpoint = 1500 set tpa_mode = D set p_yaw = 35 set i_yaw = 100 set d_yaw = 0 set f_yaw = 35 set iterm_rotation = OFF
Asgard32 Buzzer Issue:
Chance the Buzzer resource to another pad: