FrSky RXSR Telemetry on F4 Flight Controller - Uninverted SPort from Cyclone FPV
Use this short tutorial along with the attached video to complete this task. Here are the steps you will need to follow:
- Locate the Uninverted SPort pad (see drawing)
- Tin the pad and use a thin wire to solder directly from this pad to an available TX pad on the FC. In my video I attached to TX3 which is UART 3.
- Open BetaFlight and in the Ports tab make sure to turn on SmartPort under Telemetry Output. Again do this on the UART you are using. Mine was UART3 do I activated SmartPort under Telemetry Output for UART3. Then Save
- Go to your Configuration Tab in BF and scroll until you find your "Other Features" section on the left side. Activate Telemetry and click Save.
- At this point you will simply go to your FrSky Transmitter and find the Telemetry Page
- From Main screen press Menu - Long Hold Page (goes backwards) to page 12/12 - Long Hold Page (goes backwards) to 11/12
- Click Discover New Sensors and let it start finding. Once done you can click to Stop Discovering New Sensors.
If you are not populating your Telemetry Data the do the following:
- Open BetaFlight and go to CLI
- Type set tlm_inverted=off
- hit enter
- Type set tlm_halfduplex=n
- hit enter
- Type save and hit enter
You should start seeing it now. If you still have issues, send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will see what I can do.