TBS Core PNP 100
TBS Core PNP 100 from Cyclone FPV
The TBS CORE PNP100 is an OSD with built in 100A current sensor and power distribution solution for clean plug and play FPV systems. It is aimed at 400-600 size quads, flying wings or aircraft 80cm and upwards. Fully compatible with TBS gear!
The TBS CORE PNP100 is a consequent progression to the TBS CORE, tailor made for lightweight FPV aircraft such as the TBS CAiPiRINHA. The main advantage over the standard CORE is the connectors and supplied cables. No more soldering required to install this puppy. It supplies a (selectable) 5V or 12V to video transmitter and fpv camera regardless of input voltage (2S to 10S). The TBS CORE PNP100 can supply video transmitters with up to 1W of emitted power (EIRP) and a standard FPV camera - or charge a GoPro camera.
The included OSD provides real-time info on battery status, flight time and RSSI. The onboard microphone transmits the on-board sounds down your video transmitter.
By including a 100A current sensor into a tiny form factor it is an ideal companion for your quads and R/C aircraft. The current sensor can be calibrated from the OSD, but comes pre-calibrated out of the box. All connectors are now plug & play, requiring no soldeirng whatsoever to get the product running.
In a nutshell, the TBS CORE PNP100 makes FPV setups super-easy and is a safety feature every small FPV plane should have. No more cutouts due to low voltage, single battery FPV systems prevent you from forgetting to charge spare batteries, the simplified wiring reduces points of failure.
Installation is fool proof: Plug your battery into the JST / BEC connector and power all your plane's electronics from the other JST / BEC connector. The current sensor automatically measures the current passing through this cable. Plug in the VTx (5V default) and the camera (5V default!).
MAIN PRODUCT FEATURES
- Plastic enclosure and connector-sockets (Molex Picoblade) for all ports
- 2S - 10S input (OSD measures up to 6S)
- Constant 5V @ max. 2A, 12V @ max. 600mA (individually, not in combination!)
- 42x27mm, 12g
- Switching power with >85% efficiency
- OSD with integrated current sensor, RSSI and battery voltage display
- Onboard microphone included
- Output power limitation protects your equipment in case of reverse polarity
- Extremely low ripple and low RF noise, two stage filtered and shielded.
- Since this is a switching regulator it does not need to be ventilated or exposed and can be buried in your plane for maximum durability.
- The cables required for connecting the CORE PNP100 to your camera and video transmitter are included in the camera and video transmitter. In case you are just buying the TBS CORE PNP100 you may choose to add these cables.
- For powering 12V cameras (e.g. FPV CCD cameras) or 12V transmitters, open the TBS CORE PNP100's rear 4 screws and change the solder jumpers at the bottom of the internal board. The solder jumpers are conveniently labelled.
- If you'd like to pass external telemetry or audio from an external microphone, you can set the solder jumper for this at the bottom of the internal board as well. The audio in is the white cable on the CAM port.