SP Racing F3 V1 Flight Controller
SP Racing F3 V1 Flight Controller from Cyclone FPV
The SP Racing F3 gives you all the features you need for the heart of your aircraft, whether you're into FPV racing, acrobatic flying or aerial photography it's perfect. Supports a variety of aircraft, tricopters, quadcopters, hexacopters, octocopters, planes and more.
The SP Racing F3 runs the open-source BetaFlight flight control (FC) software which has an ever-growing community of friendly developers and users. Being open-source means that you too can contribute to the system.
Cleanflight comes with a detailed manual that is reviewed and maintained by the Cleanflight developers and community. No more out-of-date wiki pages and second-hand information.
- Practical - Easy to access connectors and solder pads
- Configurable - Choose to use connectors, solder pads or pins
- Stackable - Mount to your PDB or OSD
- Standard 36 x 36mm
- Professional - Symmetrical, Neat and Tidy
- 8 Dedicated PWM outputs
- 8 PWM Inputs
- 36 I/O Connections
- 72Mhz Clock Speed
- 3 Hardware Serial Ports
- 64Mb Flash Storage
The hardware was designed by the lead developer of Cleanflight / BetaFlight to be more capable than the previous-generation STM32F1-based boards after hearing feedback from the Cleanflight users, contributors and top-pilots.
- Target : SPRACINGF3
- 36x36mm board with 30.5mm mounting holes
- Weight ~6 grams
- Acro version is without Compass and Barometer Sensors
- STM32F303 CPU, 72Mhz inc FPU
- High-Capacity Flash (Acro and Deluxe)
- MPU6050 accelerometer/gyro
- Micro USB socket
- 2x 8pin JST-SH sockets (PPM, PWM, SERIAL RX, GPIO, ADC, 3V, 5V, GND)
- 8x 3pin though-holes for pin headers for ESC/Servo connections
- 2x 4pin though-holes for pin headers for 2x serial ports
- 1x 2pin though-holes for pin headers for battery voltage
- 1x 2pin though-holes for pin headers for buzzer
- 1x 4pin JST-SH socket for I2C
- 1x 4pin JST-SH socket for SWD debugging
- The SPRacingF3 builds on tried and tested software, processor and sensor technology to make your aircraft fly like it's on rails.
- Use all the features all the time; e.g. Connect your OSD + SmartPort + SBus + GPS + LED Strip + Battery Monitoring + Sonar + 8 motors - all at the same time!
- The SPRacingF3 runs Cleanflight which can be configured to suit your needs using a cross-platform GUI (Windows/OSX/Linux).
Tiny and lightweight
- The SPRacingF3 has a standard 36x36mm form-factor with 30.5mm mounting holes and weighs just 6 grams.
- On-board high-capacity black box flight log recorder - optimize your tuning and see the results of your setup without guesswork.
- The SPRacingF3 has an ARM Cortex-M4 72Mhz CPU with Math coprocessor (FPU) for efficient flight calculations that gets more done in less time.
- Loop times up to ~2x as fast as previous-generation STM32F1 based boards.
- Developer friendly debugging port (SWD) and boot mode selection, unbrickable bootloader.
- Full support for OneShot ESCs for easy PID tuning and a sharper response.
Broad RC receiver Support
- Supports SBus, SumH, SumD, Spektrum 1024/2048, XBus, PPM, PWM receivers. No external inverters required (built-in).
- Dedicated output for programmable LEDs - great for orientation, racing and night flying.
- Battery monitoring ports for voltage and current.
- Sonar support for precision low-altitude hold.
- I2C port always powered, perfect for external sensors or always-on OLED Screen.
- Buzzer port for audible warnings and notifications
- flight controller
- update frequency
- old school
Its really great!
Thought it might be fun to build a 3D printed drone and use this flight controller for it's old-school flair and low, low price. After being spoiled with more modern tech, the project was kind of a non-starter from the get-go. (The latest version of Betaflight I was able to get to successfully flash is 3.5.1) This FC requires a separate 5V supply, has no OSD nor oversize holes for mounting isolation (gummies), and it's low gyro / PID update frequency along with the F3 processor makes it so sub-par to modern flight controllers that I couldn't bring myself to use it - even in the Peon 230! I can't bash it though, I mean it does flash with Betaflight, and "works" as expected, it's just not worth the hassle to me just to be old school cool... Eh, who am I kidding? I'll probably get bored and end up flying it in something anyway!
My SP racing f3 flight controller was perfectly amazing I'm getting ready for some more shipping was very fast
Great Flight Controller Fast Shipping Great Communication skills.