OpenRacer V2 5 inch Drone Racing Frame
OpenRacer V2 5 inch Racing Frame from Cyclone FPV
Effective October 18, 2021, Cyclone FPV will shift to a V2 version that will utilize one thickness for arms and will eliminate the use of countersunk screws on the bottom plate. For more information regarding these changes, please click the "Revision Changes" tab.
OpenRacer V2 Specifications: (please see V2 Revision Changes Tab)
- Arms - 5mm Carbon Fiber - weight est. 9.15g
- Braces - 4mm Carbon Fiber
- Top Plate - 2mm Carbon Fiber with press nuts
- Bottom Plate - 3mm Carbon Fiber
- Hardware Kit -
- 8 x M3 Press Nuts - *pre-installed on the top plate and are not included in stand-alone hardware kit purchase.
- 4 x M3 x 10mm Textured Standoffs
- 4 x M3 x 2mm Nylon Fastener
- 8 x M3 x 12mm Button Head Screws - for mounting motors w/brace
- 8 x M3 x 8mm Button Head Scews - for mounting motors w/o brace
- 4 x M3 x 6mm Button Head Screws - to secure the canopy to the top
- 4 x M3 x 16mm Button Head Screws - for the arm to standoff mounting
- 4 x M3 x 30mm Button Head Screws - for 30x30 stacks
- 4 x M3 x 12mm Button Head Screws - for 20x20 stack only
- 1 x 3M Silicone Non-Slip Lipo Pad
Please note that you may purchase additional hardware kits to keep as extra if you like. The hardware kits will contain the same items listed above in the hardware kit section of the frame.
You may notice a slight film of oil on your carbon fiber parts. This is part of the final curing process once the frame has been cut, sanded, buffed, and washed. You may wipe any remaining oil film off with a soft paper towel or soft cloth if you wish.
10/18/21 Revision Changes and Updates
Removal of Fat and Thin arm options. After testing the flex and breakpoints, we have determined that the weight difference did not justify the need for two arms. Furthermore, it was determined that the difference in weight and material did not justify any claim that braces would not be needed. Please see the data below:
- Thin arm weight - 8.48g
- Thick arm weight - 9.15g
- 3K Carbon fiber does not provide enough support to justify any claim that the heavier arms would not require braces while the lighter arms would. Under pressure testing at various points, both arms appeared to exhibit very similar results. Under these conditions, we recommend that the arms be offered in the size that provides the greatest performance and durability without compromising much weight.
- Removal of countersunk holes on the bottom plate. After testing the effects of stress on the top layers of carbon fiber it has been determined that the 3mm bottom plate provides stronger support through the use of standard mounting holes and button head screws. Furthermore, we have tested 3M silicone non-slip adhesive lipo pads against lipo batteries mounted to the bottom of the 3mm plate and have determined that the non-slip lipo pads provided sufficient lipo protection during impact.
- 3M Non-Slip Silicone Lipo Pad added. As mentioned above, we will provide a self-adhesive 3M Non-Slip Silicone Lipo Pad to provide better protection and stability for your lipo battery.