Genesis XL and XL-HD Series Hand-Crafted Drone Frame
Genesis XL and XL-HD Series Hand-Crafted Drone Frame from Cyclone FPV
This hand-crafted, custom-made, and built-to-order drone frame is strong, versatile, and completely customizable. Designed, tested, and built by owner Tarek Maalouf, the Genesis series frame remains one of his pride and joys.
- Material: 3K Carbon Fiber
- Wheelbase: 220-250mm (depending on the angle and arm length)
- Motor Options: M3 16x16 and M3 19x19
- Stack Options: 30x30 and 20x20 (front and rear dual-stack options)
- Camera Hole Position: 25mm with side-plate setup, 19mm with XLp prints, 19mm with DJI Air Prints
- Space Height: 20mm XL Series and XLAIR, 10mm XLp Series,
- Prop Size: 5", 6", and 7" (custom sizes for 8" and up also available)
- Top Plate Thickness: 2mm Carbon Fiber
- Bottom Plate Thickness: 4mm Carbon Fiber
- Arm Thickness: 5mm Carbon Fiber with ArmLok(TM)
- Side Plate Thickness: 2mm Carbon Fiber
- Total Net Weight: 145g (estimated)
- The Genesis arms are interchangeable with the Diablo Frame as well.
Limited Lifetime Warranty:
- All hand-crafted CycloneFPV Frames come with our Lifetime Warranty. So fly the hell out of it. Crash it! Smash it! Live it! Love it! Fly it! For more information about our Limited Lifetime Warranty, please click here.
Buy It! Fly It! Try It! Guarantee:
- All hand-crafted CycloneFPV Frames come with our Buy It! Fly It! Try It! No hassle satisfaction guarantee! Buy it. Fly it. Try it. If you don't like it, return it and we will place a credit back on your account for something else. For more information about our Buy It! Fly It! Try It! program, please click here.
Package Contents: (subject to change without notice)
- 4 x 16mm M3 Screws (mount spacer to bottom arms)
- 8 x 12mm M3 Screws (for use with arms)
- 2 x 14mm M3 Screws (fasten rear 3d air unit mount to frame)
- 4 x 8mm M3 Screws (for use with top plate mountings)
- 2 x 10mm M3 Screws (used to fasten front air unit mount to frame)
- 10 x M3 Steel Fasteners (for use with arm screws and from air unit mounts)
- 2 x 3mm M3 Nylon Spacers (for rear flight controller mounts)
- 4 x 20mm M3 Aluminum Standoffs (front and reader 3d prints)
- 4 x Foam Landing Pads
- 1 x Silicone Battery Pad
- Genesis XL - This updated version has options for 5/6" Arms (XL6) or the 7" Arms (XL7)
- Genesis XLp - This is the XL Frame with the lowered standoffs and prints that will transform this unit it to the Low Profile version.
- Genesis XL-HD - This is the XL Frame with the 3D Prints provided to fit the DJI Air Unit and Camera.
3D STL Files:
Here are some STL files that you can use if you want to print your own camera mounts, back mounts, etc...
GoPro Session Enclosure: (click the file name to download)
- One File with 3 Items:
- Rear Low Profile Plate
- Front Right Low Profile Plate
- Front Left Low Profile Plate
- Zip File of 5 Items:
- DJI Air Unit Mounting Brackets (L/R)
- DJI Air Unit Camera Mounts (L/R)
- Rear Antenna, XT60, LED Bracket
Genesis XL/XL-HD STL - All Files: (click here)
- This update contains the added rear plate adapter for the vista antenna and also a full backplate with vista antenna mount holes. This also contains all the STL files for this frame.
Video Tutorials and Instructions:
The XL5 and XL6 versions were combined to make the XL6. This was due to the fact that more props are now coming a bit larger than just the standard 5" so the arms were extended just enough to allow both 5" and 6" props to run.
The base plate was changed from 3mm thickness to 4mm thickness.
"I refuse to allow anyone, whether it be a Cyclone FPV employee or a mass production company, to cut, build, sand, or otherwise involve themselves in any part of the production of my Cyclone FPV frames. When you order a Cyclone FPV Genesis, you can have peace of mind knowing that I am the only person who will be involved in the entire process. From selecting the sheets of carbon fiber to laying out the CNC, fine-point hand-cutting, hand-sanding, hand-buffing, hand-cleaning, and assembly, I am going to be the only one involved from start to finish. This is what my customers deserve and this is what I am willing to give them. Nothing less." ~ Tarek Maalouf