Cyclone FPV Diablo-XL7 Frame and DIY Kit
Cyclone FPV Diablo-XL7 Frame and DIY Kit
The Diablo-XL7 is the finished product that resulted from one year of Diablo frame designs, flight testing, and customer feedback. The new Diablo-XL7, which officially replaces all the Diablo series of frames, has been modified in the following areas in order to earn its spot as the one and only Diablo from Cyclone FPV. Some of the final changes and modifications are:
- Base Frame - Cut and hand finished 4mm 3K Carbon Fiber with M3 mounting holes to fit both 30x30 and 20x20 stacks. The frame length has also been extended 30+mm in order to make room for additional components such as Buzzer Finders and extended top plates for batteries.
- Top Plate - Cut and hand finished 2mm 3K Carbon Fiber with M3 mounting holes and staggered additional mounting holes spaced 20x20mm apart for underneath mounting options. The top plate has been extend 30+mm to allow more room for larger LiPo batteries and dual strap protection. Additionally, the top plate now houses a mountable XT60 connection so that your LiPo wires never come in range of the props. This XT60 mount can also be shifted to the back plate if you choose. (see back plate)
- Camera Plate - Cut and hand finished 2mm 3K Carbon Fiber with M3 mounting and slotted side camera attachment plates helps to protect FPV Cameras from impact and damage. The camera plate sits 30mm above the bottom base frame and 8mm above the top battery plate. This staggered design helps to keep the battery mounted to the top plate in the event of a forward collision by preventing any forwarding sliding movement on impact.
- Arms - Cut and hand finished 5mm 3K Carbon Fiber arms feature our patent-pending ArmLOK(tm) design for reduced arm movement during flight and impact. Three M3 mounting holes have been added to give a solid and tight fitting while the ArmLOK(tm) interlocks the two front and rear arms together. Additionally, the Diablo-XL7 is designed to fit 5" arms without having to change, add, or modify any existing frame components.
- FPV Camera Side Plates - Cut and hand finished 2mm 3K Carbon Fiber side camera plates are added to provide solid and secure mounting for your FPV Camera. Two M2 screw holes are cut on each plate to allow for forward and back alignment while curved cut-outs are provided to help secure your camera at your desired angle.
- Back Plate - Added as an option, the Onyx printed plate is designed to provide optional features for VTX antenna mounting, XT60 mounting, and various other mounting options such as buzzers etc. The STL files will be supplied so that you can print your own or modify our design to meet your needs.
- Height and Standoffs - The frame is fitted with six 20mm aluminum standoffs, two in the far back, two behind the flight controller, and two behind the FPV Camera. Although six are provided, only the back two and front two are mandatory in order to preserve structural integrity, while the two behind the flight controller can be removed in order to make room for additional components. The front of the frame (in front of the FPV Camera) has two additional 30MM aluminum standoffs for added FPV Camera Protection and also to give additional height to the camera plate. The back of the camera plate slightly overlaps the top battery plate and is fastened with M3 screws through 8MM nylon standoffs.
- Assembly - The Diablo-XL7 comes fully assembled to ensure that all pieces fit properly and securely. The frame is wrapped and then shipped ready to go. All screws are color coded to reflect their specific size and help to avoid any mix-up during your build.
- Weight - The weight of the Diablo-XL7 (as seen in the pictures) is 190g. It is solid and can handle a great deal of weight such as larger LiPo's, HD Cameras (GP Session etc) and various other options. The frame also comes with four self-adhesive rubber landing pads which can be added by you once it is unpacked.
- Warranty - The Diablo-XL7 comes with a lifetime warranty for the following parts:
- Top LiPo Plate
- Top Camera Plate
- Bottom Base Frame
- Arms, Standoffs, Screws, Printed Back Plate, and Side Camera Plates come with our standard manufacturer warranty against defects.
* Please note that at the time that the Diablo-XL7 was posted, I had not completed a live build with components so while the frame in the pictures is the Diablo-XL7, the complete build pictures represent the Diablo-XL5. The entire setup is the same for both frames with only the arms being different so I placed it here for representation purposes until I complete a live build later this week.