Cyclone FPV Diablo-S3 Frame
Cyclone FPV Diablo-S3 Frame
The Diablo-S3 is the finished product that resulted from one year of Diablo frame designs, flight testing, and customer feedback. The new Diablo-S3, which officially replaces the Banshee-345 series of frames, has been modified in the following areas in order to earn its spot as the one and only Diablo-S series from Cyclone FPV. Some of the final changes and modifications are:
- Base Frame - Cut and hand finished 2mm 3K Carbon Fiber with M3 mounting holes to fit 30x30 stacks while M2 mounting holes are also added to fit 20x20 stacks.
- Top Plate - Cut and hand finished 2mm 3K Carbon Fiber with M3 mounting holes and rear 20x20mm M2 holes for mounting a vtx or other component.
- Camera Plate - Cut and hand finished 2mm 3K Carbon Fiber with M3 mounting and slotted side camera attachment plates helps to protect FPV Cameras from impact and damage. The camera plate sits 20mm above the bottom base frame and 8mm above the top battery plate. This staggered design helps to keep the battery mounted to the top plate in the event of a forward collision by preventing any forwarding sliding movement on impact.
- Arms - Cut and hand finished 3mm 3K Carbon Fiber arms feature our patent-pending ArmLOK(tm) design for reduced arm movement during flight and impact. Two M3 mounting holes have been added to give a solid and tight fitting while the ArmLOK(tm) interlocks the two front and rear arms together. Additionally, the Diablo-S3 is designed to fit 4" arms without having to change, add, or modify any existing frame components.
- FPV Camera Side Plates - Cut and hand finished 2mm 3K Carbon Fiber side camera plates are added to provide solid and secure mounting for your FPV Camera. Two M2 screw holes are cut on each plate to allow for forward and back alignment while curved cut-outs are provided to help secure your camera at your desired angle. (these plates are optional and not included with the frame. They can also be 3D Printed and we have supplied the .stl files on this page.)
- Height and Standoffs - The frame is fitted with four 10mm aluminum standoffs and two 20mm aluminum standoffs for the front camera area. This frame can also be modified to fit larger stacks by simply replacing the aluminum standoffs with taller ones.
- Assembly - The Diablo-S3 comes fully assembled to ensure that all pieces fit properly and securely. The frame is wrapped and then shipped ready to go. All screws are color coded to reflect their specific size and help to avoid any mix-up during your build.
- Weight - The weight of the Diablo-S3 fully loaded (as seen in the pictures) is 180g. It is an extremely solid and compressed build with emphasis placed on the durability of the arms and also the main base flex. At 180g, this frame fits an excelled assortment of drone components.
- Warranty - The Diablo-S3 comes with a lifetime warranty for the following parts:
- Top LiPo Plate
- Top Camera Plate
- Bottom Base Frame
- Arms, Standoffs, Screws, Printed Back Plate, and Side Camera Plates come with our standard manufacturer warranty against defects.
* Please note that the picture posted above is the actual build used in our development process. I did not take a picture of the frame prior to assembly but I plan on creating a video tomorrow night (Jun 12, 2019) and posting it here wiht all the updated photos and settings.
(no videos at this time)
This frame is awesome. Seriously awesome. The attention to detail while designing this is apparent while you "plan out" the build. Everything has a spot and that spot it the best place for position, ease of access and convenience. Great frame!