Genesis-XL7 Frame LETS RIP Edition
Genesis-XL7 Frame LETS RIP Edition from Cyclone FPV
The Genesis-XL7 is the finished product that resulted from one year of Genesis frame design modifications, flight testing, and customer feedback. The new Genesis-XL7 LETS RIP Edition, offers all the same features its original "Dronzen" Edition but now includes our trademarked "LET'S RIP" on the top plate.
- Base Frame - Cut and hand finished 4mm 3K Carbon Fiber with M3 mounting holes to fit both 30x30 and 20x20 stacks. The frame length has also been extended 30+mm in order to make room for additional components such as Buzzer Finders and extended top plates for batteries. The frame has also been designed to fit two independent 30x30 or 20x20 stacks front to back. This feature allows for greater options in component selection.
- Top Plate - Cut and hand finished 2mm 3K Carbon Fiber with M3 mounting holes and a wider carbon fiber run to reinforce the mounting holes. The top plate has been extend 30+mm to allow more room for larger LiPo batteries and dual strap protection. Additionally, the top plate has also seen a 5mm forward shift if HD Camera Enclosure mounting holes as well as the addition of three openings to allow for wire passthrough and XT60 top mount abilities. The last change resulted in the addition of two cut-outs at the back of the plate which allow the XT60 and VTX Antenna bracket to fit and lock in place.
- Side Support and Camera Plate - Cut and hand finished 2mm 3K Carbon Fiber with M3 and M2 holes, the side plates have been modified from front to back. The front location has seen a shift of the M2 FPV Camera mounting holes roughly 5mm back to provide greater protection to the camera during flight. In addition to this, the rear aluminum standoff was moved from the lower portion of the plates to the top portion, thus increased the strength and support to the battery plate and also to each side plate. Finally, the rear portion of the side plates have been shaped to allow for interlocking XT60 and VTX Antenna mounts which not only lock into the side plates but now also lock into the top plate. These changes help to reinforce each point of the frame without increasing weight.
- Arms - Cut and hand finished 5mm 3K Carbon Fiber arms feature our patent-pending ArmLOK(tm) design for reduced arm movement during flight and impact. Three M3 mounting holes have been added to give a solid and tight fitting while the ArmLOK(tm) interlocks the two front and rear arms together. Additionally, the Genesis-XL7 is designed to fit 5" arms without having to change, add, or modify any existing frame components.
- Back Plate - Added as an option, the Onyx printed plate is designed to provide optional features for VTX antenna mounting, XT60 mounting, and various other mounting options such as buzzers etc. The STL files will be supplied so that you can print your own or modify our design to meet your needs. The back plate interlocks with the carbon fiber side plates and carbon fiber top plate to provide a much stronger and reliable fit.
- Height and Standoffs - The frame is fitted with six 20mm aluminum standoffs, one in the front directly below the FPV Camera, two for the front portion of the top plat to fasten to the bottom plate, two for the back portion of the top plate to fasten to the bottom plate, and one to fit directly under the top plate and bring the two side plates together. Although six are provided, the design allows for the remove of the internal standoff that joins the two side plates together in the event that your build requires more room for wiring or component placement.
- Assembly - The Genesis-XL7 comes fully assembled to ensure that all pieces fit properly and securely. The frame is wrapped and then shipped ready to go. All screws are color coded to reflect their specific size and help to avoid any mix-up during your build.
- Weight - The weight of the Genesis-XL7 (as seen in the pictures) is 180g. It is solid and can handle a great deal of weight such as larger LiPo's, HD Cameras (GP Session etc) and various other options. The frame also comes with four self-adhesive rubber landing pads which can be added by you once it is unpacked.
- Warranty - The Genesis-XL7 comes with a lifetime warranty for the following parts:
- Top LiPo Plate
- Side Support and FPV Camera Plates
- Bottom Base Frame
- Arms, Standoffs, Screws, and Printed Back Plate, come with our standard manufacturer warranty against defects.
* Please note that at the time that the Genesis-XL7 was posted, I had not completed a live build with components so while the frame and the complete build photos are of the Genesis-XL7, the complete build photos show the original top plate while the frame only pictures do show the correct updated top plate.
Thank you for submitting a review!
Your input is very much appreciated. Share it with your friends so they can enjoy it too!
All carbon was finished to a high standard very smooth and robust pieces.This is no ordinary frame some serious thought went in to the design of this beast.Simple to build and ample room for your flight gear.First test flight was smooth as butter and suprisingly nimble!! Highly recomend this in the 7 inch class for beefyness and high quality!!!